Sunday, August 15, 2010

Back on Track!

This is me- trying to keep up my blog. Originally this was supposed to be a fitness blog. This was going to keep me accountable and on track. It may have evolved into something a little different. I'm running, still- and it's been so freaking hot! Every other day we go. I still end up doing intervals of running and walking, but I'm getting there on distance. Two weeks until the 5K! Regardless of how busy "real life" has been and will be over the next few weeks, we are making time every other night to go run.
I must find all this running talk boring, because I don't really find the need to write about it. What I really enjoy writing about is food and cooking!
We have not purchased bread yet! I've been baking more every week. From my previous posts, I was working really hard on a 100% whole wheat bread. It's awesome. One weekend, I made some marble rye after we found a great deal on some rye berries at Dodson's. For a change up, I've made potato bread the past 2 weeks. It's really soft and delicious! Not quite as nutritionally dense as the whole wheat, but it's still natural and doesn't have any unpronounceable ingredients or unnatural preservatives.I love milling my own flour! I made some coffee cake this weekend. Not healthy at all! I'm testing out a cupcake recipe I might try for something. We ended up taking cake over to some family, just so we have a lot less of it in the house. Everything in moderation!

No comments:

Post a Comment