Saturday, May 22, 2010

It's gettin' hot in here

Summer is fast approaching. I hate hot weather! Pete and I ran this morning. It was warm, but not too hot yet. We started week 4 of C25K. This week really pushes the running to the limit with 16 minutes of running! Last week we were only doing 11 minutes. It wasn't pretty. We might end up doing week 4 for more than one week before moving on to week 5. We will see how the other two runs go this week.

Today was weigh in day and I lost 1.3 pounds. It's not worth jumping up and down over, but it is good solid loss. At that rate, I am much more likely to keep it off in the long run. As the temperatures start to climb, I worry that my motivation to get out and run will be diminished. I hope not. Maybe, if I can drop a few more pounds, the heat won't bother me as much. We will see!
Last night I did CardioX (part of P90X). It combines some Yoga, Kenpo, Plyometrics and other stuff to create a nice 45 minute workout that isn't boring.
Wish me luck in the next week! I am so glad to have my running partner back from night shifts to keep me on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment