Saturday, May 1, 2010

Working Hard

Thursday, Pete and I did the first session of Couch to 5K (c25k). I downloaded a handy dandy iPhone app and it worked wonderfully. I can listen to my own playlist and get cues and coaching from the app. If I am going to run (and that's a BIG if), I'll have to learn by doing interval training. I managed to do this session without having a heart attack. This session consists of 1 minute running then 1 and a half minutes of walking with a 5 minute warm up and a 5 minute cool down. Pete and I went to the park and kept our paces together pretty well. I was concerned he would end up being faster to me, but he wasn't. The weather has been gorgeous, so being outside is a good motivator.

Last night, Friday- I had the evening alone at the house, so after I ate some Taco Bell (I counted the calories), I pulled out the PS3 media server and did the Kenpo X workout from the P90X program. For those unfamiliar with this, it is like a hyped up Tae-Bo. It totally kicked my butt, but I got through it. It's very entertaining yelling at the chipper instructor! Today will most likely be a rest day. I got up this morning and did my Body Test on Wii Fit. I'm down a pound. I was hoping for more, but a pound a week is nothing to sneeze at.
Here's hoping MY fitness blog actually makes it past 10 or so posts. I know this is a completely overdone way to build accountability into my system, but hey- Whatever works. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment